WE ARE CHITTAGONG PORT AGENT!
We Chittagong Port Agent – CPA, an independent private limited Chittagong port shipping agent, licensed from Chittagong Port and custom. We are the proud member of Bangladesh shipping agent association, Chittagong Chamber & Commerce also. Our job is to handle the vessel and containers arriving at Chittagong port, to handling cargo, load/unloading process, to monitor the cargo and to collect all the local paper work, save cost and time, acting representative on behalf of appointing authority etc.
As well as acting in the best interests of the ship owner or the ship chartering company, Husbandry Agent, Owner protecting Agent, survey agent, charterer protecting agent etc.
Starting from the beginning of the arrival of the ship in the port, how and where the ship will arrive, where it will anchor and when it will arrive in the port. If master required arrival guideline in the port area, then arrange a bay pilot. Planning and process of booking pilot when the pilot will get up and approach for get berthing on berthing meeting. After that all the activities from unloading at the port till the end of unloading are done by us. Also transport arrangement and all the activities are completed till the ship leaves from port.
Tasks and responsibilities:
When a ship is fixed for a port with cargo, the ship’s owner hires a licensed shipping agent in Bangladesh for his ship and cargo safety and is asked to make an immediate decision in the owner’s absence. A shipping agent is required to operate the ship in an unknown port in the absence of the ship owner own stuffs. From there, if the shipping agent is not trustworthy and responsible, then it will not profitable to fix the voice in that port.
The remuneration of the shipping agent in Chittagong port may be explicitly entered into a contract which has been concluded between himself and the ship owner basis on agent’s responsibilities/competencies as well as activities. This practice is very common in the cargo trade, booking agents, etc.
Responsibilities of Shipping Agents Include:
- Ensuring a berth for the incoming ship
- Arranging for the pilot and the tugs if necessary
- Drawing up the documents for the customs and harbor services
- Arranging for the necessary ship fresh water/provisions
- Arranging for the necessary doctor for the crew for any medical assistance
- Arranging for storage bunkers if these are needed
- Arranging for necessary repairs
- Conveying instructions to and from the ship owner
- Organizing the supply, transport and the handling of the goods
- Organizing the necessary contacts with the stevedores
- Collecting freights, cargoes
- Contacting shippers and the receivers of the goods
In the case of damage to cargo or the ship, we also make the necessary arrangements (at the request of the ship’s master or owner) with the insurance company, and for nautical inspections and the services of HM surveyor, class, P&I or Flag surveyor’s comments, etc.
The specific tasks of a cargo broker or port agent include:
- Providing the necessary information concerning the freight rates and the publication of the sailing lists
- Looking for cargo via notices and sailing lists
- Booking of cargo and the conclusion of the agreements
- Drawing up, initiating and delivering the required documents (booking lists, shipping permits, delivery orders) related to the cargo
- Contacting the shippers/forwarders with regard to the deliveries for shipment
- Fulfilling the necessary formalities regarding the delivery and reception of the goods (customs etc.)
- Settling cargo claims with insurance companies Fees
- Shipping agents or port agents receive a fee called an agency fee for their services.